What is different a year later? A lot:
- Where there were houses, there are now empty lots and new homes.
- Many flooded homes are still unrepaired.
- Many homes are just now being finished or are still in the process of reconstruction.
- We all probably pay a little bit more attention when Nancy VanDiaster says "Flood Warning"..
- People are now friends who never knew each other pre-flood.
- We empathize a little more with those anyone we see on the news after a natural disaster - like the folks in Alabama.
Take a moment and remember. To help you remember, my blog from that time is included below:
Zach, A Tennessee Squire