Meatless Mondays – Part of the Healthy Monday Initiatives
Healthy Monday is a movement of people and organizations across the country who commit every Monday to behaviors and actions that will help end preventable disease in the United States. Healthy Monday is a public health initiative founded in 2005 in association with Johns Hopkins University, Columbia University and Syracuse University. The goal of the initiative is to end chronic preventable disease in the U.S. by offering people and organizations a weekly prompt to start and sustain healthy behaviors, intentions, actions and initiatives. The Healthy Monday movement has built a following of organizations across the country, including for-profit and non-profit entities. This campaign will allow our customers the opportunity to eat meatless each Monday through vegetarian and/or vegan options.Start your new year off right. Join us in the [cafeteria] each Monday during the month of January and register to win yoga mats and T-shirts from Kashi.
Meatless Monday? You have to be flippin' kidding me. With that in mind, here is Tennessee Squire's menu for the week:
- Sundae Sundays - I mean McD's used to have $.29 sundaes, right?
- Margarita Mondays - Fins up for you Parrotheads. Buffett would be proud.
- Taco Tuesday - visit your favorite Mexican restaurant.
- Waffle Wednesday - add some scattered, smothered, & covered while at the awful Waffle.
- T-Bone Thursday - nothing screams fitness like a medium rare hunk of beef.
- Fried Friday - eat anything fried.
- Suds Saturday - what better way to celebrate ball games and being off work.
Zach, A Tennessee Squire